According to a new report from Buddy Media, Facebook’s EdgeRank algorithm determines what shows up in users' News Feeds. In order to optimize your Facebook activity to get seen in News Feeds more often, which is obviously going to help with traffic, you’ve got to be diligent and creative.
The thousands of companies who follow the “Field of Dreams” (if you build it, they will come) theory of social media management are learning the hard way that it is merely a dream – a dream that will result in zero engagement and weaken the fan base.
Here are 10 tips that are already proven. By applying yourself and investing in the human capital necessary to create and maintain a robust Facebook presence, you’ll find that just like America’s top 10 brands, you too, can generate more traffic, more business and greater engagement through your Facebook page interactions.
- Ask plenty of questions (it’s free consumer research)
- Employ trivia, games and contests
- Interact with your fans; let no comment/post go unnoticed!
- Incorporate apps and applets (use the question key, polls or coupons)
- Incorporate more photos
- Talk about what’s in the news (relate to what people are talking about everywhere)
- Post videos, if applicable
- Imply a sense of urgency with time-sensitive material or campaigns
- Include a link within each status update – so fans can hit “share”
- Be explicit in every post (generic and general get you nowhere)