Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 21 - The dog days are here...

The weather is perfect today and after several hours in the home office taking care of personal correspondence and a sizable bit of research, I'm ready for those "dog days" of summer. No, seriously, I mean the dog days! Actually, I'm heading out to the grand opening of Murray's first Dog Park, and I plan to stick around at the adjacent "people" park to hear some great music at the PRSSA-sponsored Battle of the Bands (and Bar-B-Q) later this evening.

These are the types of events you won't find in the major metropolitan areas and there's nothing like a town party in Murray. I love it when the student population mingles and mixes with all the locals. Usually, you can count on great food and music being involved at these soirees. The addition of the dog park is a great perk. I do love to pet all the pooches; it makes me miss my dog, Jazz, a little less.

Tune in tomorrow to find out who played, who stayed, and who makes the best BBQ in town. I leave you tonight with an interesting statistic from today's news:


"Time on social networks now equals 10% of all Internet time spent."

What does that mean to corporate America? To the American family? To you? Are we all spending too much time online? Are those not yet "engaged" on Facebook or Twitter really missing anything?

...a little something to ponder.

Now, enjoy some fresh air!


Party Invitations by InvitationConsultants.com

No comments:

Post a Comment