Sunday, November 22, 2009

# 99 - Time to Reflect and Evaluate

Wow. I can hardly believe it's been 99 days since I began blogging. Last year, I began a conversation and look where it has led! The result for me has been a wealth of knowledge gained and communicated. Just think...a simple trip to see a movie got this ball rolling.

As a blogger, I owe the makers of Julie & Julia a huge debt. Were it not for this marvelous film about a struggling writer who blogs, I might never have tried this. I can honestly say that I am a better person as a result of the effort.

The original plan for this site was to scale back now, as soon as I reached the blessed 99th post. That goal, that arbitrary number, somehow seems secondary now to what has become a quest for knowledge, news and relevance. Why stop? Certainly, life is still full of challenges, events and developments to write about. I'm three week's away from earning a master's degree, but I'm not near ready to stop learning. Still, maybe I should cut back my frequency of articles. What do you think?

For me, blogging has been fun. It satisfies a strong desire to communicate and connect. And, it sure hasn't hurt my writing discipline! Ive established better, more positive habits by using this space. Has it been of any real value to anyone else? That is the question.

Daily posts will continue through December 12th, then I will re-group - based upon your feedback. Just like everyone else in the blogosphere writing from the heart, I need to know what readers think. After all, this is for you.

Have you considered starting your own blog? Did you learn something helpful from any Back-to-School...Again post? Do you know of a topic that desperately needs covering? I've posted a link to an online survey right here so you can easily answer these questions. Please participate. It's a quick, anonymous performance review. Just click on the link below.

Click Here to take survey

By participating, you can help shape the future of this blog. Should we change the name, the focus, the graphics, the subject matter? Is there more to be reported about the ever-changing issues of higher education? I hope so. Traditional and non-traditional college students today face a unique set of challenges, and I believe I've developed some insight. Or, have I? You be the judge!

Thank you.



Sell Your Textbooks For Cash


No comments:

Post a Comment