Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 9 - Roll out the red carpet!

Earlier this summer, I had the honor of being cast in a small (very, very small) role in an independent film being shot right here in Murray, KY and in parts of West Tennessee. I auditioned mid-June and learned that I had been cast just as my MSU employment was coming to its end. How fortuitous! The film was a perfect diversion for me.

The brainchild of writer/director and MSU alum, Angie Gregory, "Goodbye Wendell" is a dramatic love story and coming of age piece. Angie graduated from MSU more than a decade ago and went on to make her mark in Hollywood. I feel lucky to have met her and am so grateful she came back home to spread new wings behind the camera. She's a natural.

The entire cast and crew were incredibly professional, making it an even more intriguing project to partake in. Since the wrap party last month, Angie and her team have been back in L.A. editing before submitting the project to Sundance and other prestigious film festivals. Entirely shot (and cast) locally, the film makes its unofficial debut tonight in a private screening for cast and crew only.

I'm headed there now to see the finished product. I usually don't like seeing myself act but in this case I'm genuinely excited to see the story unfold onscreen, having seen only my own scenes up to now. I'll report the full scoop on the screening in my next installment.

Ciao!
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment