Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 37 - Where are you in The Social Technographics Profile?


If you're at all interested in how people are using social media, like blogs, Wiki's, private communities (2nd Life, for example), Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, LinkedIn, just to name a few of the many, then check out this link. It should take you to a Business Week article and a chart by Forrester Research (whose staff also author the textbook I finished last week).

I'm slightly amazed that ever since I started this class, "Marketing in the Age of Social Media," I am fast becoming aware of the way new media is permeating every facet of society. How uber-timely! The material my class is studying is way ahead of corporate America, I'm afraid. But this information figures (hugely) into the way all companies will communicate with consumers in the future, if they are not now.

If you've been reading along, then you may recall me mentioning the "Social Technographics Profile" in an earlier post. If you follow this article link, you can see that profile in action. Simply cut and paste the URL into your browser and see where you fall in the profile. Even if you don't pay attention to social media, you're in this chart!

http://images.businessweek.com/mz/07/24/0724_6insiid_a.gif


Download 25 FREE songs at eMusic.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment