Thursday, February 25, 2010

#139 - The Two Sentence Rule

I just have to share a gem I discovered in my daily perusal of publications, news sites, blogs and social networks today. When a good thing jumps out at you, the best thing you can do to honor its creator and your friends and followers is to repeat or resend a link to it. This one is so good it rates me doing both.

It comes from a "Tip" link within Seth Godin's stellar blog. Seth is one of the world's most successful bloggers (and a personal hero of mine). His blogs have taught me a great deal about social media, blogging and good business over the last two years, but this time management tip is sheer brilliance. So, here I go repeating it - plus sharing the link to today's complete Godin post (gosh, I hope he doesn't mind)!


Seth Godin's Two-Sentence Rule: (http://two.sentenc.es/)

The Problem

E-mail takes too long to respond to, resulting in continuous inbox overflow for those who receive a lot of it.

The Solution

Treat all email responses like SMS text messages, using a set number of letters per response. Since it’s too hard to count letters, we count sentences instead.

two.sentenc.es is a personal policy that all email responses regardless of recipient or subject will be two sentences or less. It’s that simple.

To see Seth's complete post including this time management tip, just click here - Seth Godin's Blog.

Tune in next month for another lesson relating to your Social Media Life.

Note: I will be taking a well-deserved break until April 1, after exceeding my goal and blogging for more than 130 consecutive days. the experiment has indeed been a success, but my fingers are sooo tired!


Full Color Booklets from PsPrint

No comments:

Post a Comment