Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 7 - Seizing the day

Carpe diem! I was up at 5:30 am - with the birds as they say - and made it to the campus quad by 6:45 for the 5k Run/Walk. The race started promptly at 7, featuring a crisp, cool morning complete with stunning blue skies and a great turnout. The universe designed a perfect day for the event . Best of all, I am happy to report that I power walked the 3.1 mile course in good time (48.03) and was actually the first walker across the finish line (after the runners, of course). That's a personal best.

While the morning went exceedingly well, at 1 pm I dove into the day's reading, making it through 70 pages in the history text before falling sound asleep. It was a lovely nap.


In campus news and in a popular magazine this week, once again, Murray State University (MSU) found itself ranked among the top public universities in the nation. U.S.News & World Report’'s 2010 edition of America’s Best Colleges, considered by many to be the top college guide in the country, recognized MSU (for the 19th consecutive year) in the Best Universities-Master’s South, which includes both private and public schools. This is the fifth consecutive year Murray State has ranked in the top 20.

This new ranking includes Murray as seventh in the Top Public University-Master’s/South division. This fills me with a real sense of pride, knowing that I am attending one of the best grad schools in the nation. The university appeared in the top 10 of that category for the past several years. Additionally, a tally of overall scores shows Murray State listed at 11th among the country'’s top public universities at the master’s level. This ranking remains a point of pride for MSU and its students. I am pleased to be counted among them.

After such a pleasant day and productive week, I power down just before dark to relax with a good movie. Tomorrow, I'll complete that online course - finally - and make a dent in the history book. Can't wait to fill you in on the history of "quackery" in the US. Who knew my history class would also be so timely in light of the current health care debate! I'll be sharing more as I complete the read.

'Till tomorrow. Seize the day my friends.

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment