Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 24 - Working in the Dark

Things got off to a rocky start this morning. Just as I sat down to start work, horror of horrors, the power went out! I hoped that it would come back in a matter of minutes, but the minutes turned into a couple of hours. Luckily, six of the books I ordered for a project arrived in the mail so I got right to reading. No power equals no computer and that's a problem for the average student. I feel chained to my computer desk most days.

It turns out t
he power outage spanned most of Calloway county, and may have been caused by a downed TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) tower. I'm so happy I changed my gears quickly, although the power did come back in time for me to get ready and be on campus for a new mid-day yoga class. I can't say enough about how much I enjoy yoga in the middle of the day. I highly recommend it, especially if you (like me) spend way too many hours on the computer. The mid-day workout gives you a great second wind. I always feel better for the rest of the day. And, of course, it centers your mind and relaxes tight muscles, too.

After yoga, I walked to my afternoon class, thankful to learn that I did well on last week's quiz. What a relief. Interestingly, class today was cut short and the professor gave us Thursday off. No class? I am scratching my head a bit. I look forward to class lectures and discussions, and we haven't had many - yet. In this particular course, I think we've got a lot to learn from each other. Looks like now we have time to finish reading the textbook before the next class.

Tomorrow, I look forward to coffee with the MSU Ladies Society in the a.m., and a Labyrinth tour & meditation in the evening (somewhere in Tennessee). Barring any unexpected technical difficulties, I know this is going to be a good week for me and the research effort. For tonight, I need to pay a little attention to Angel (my cat) and get some good sleep.

Thanks for tuning in!



Get Rock Band T-Shirts & Merchandise from Rock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment